Okay...so I should start this off by saying that I am NOT pregnant! But, eventually I would like to have another kid. I'm kind of nervous though. I remember the first time I held Jetta I couldn't believe how perfect and wonderful she was and I said to Joseph "I want a thousand of these!" After about two nights I significantly lowered my number!
I love Jetta so much and it is hard to picture me loving another child just as much. And I worry, what if I don't? Will I always be just a little more attached to Jetta because she was my first? Even if I love both or all of my children equally will there be just something more you have with your first?
And I also wonder if I can handle more than one...yes the practicalities of two verses one, but mostly the emotions that come with it. It was emotionally harder than I thought having Jetta. It took me a long time (8+ months) to figure out who I was, my new role, and reinvent myself with out losing my self identity. It was an emotional roller coaster and I don't want to deal with that all over again. I feel I am doing great now and really loving my life. I do want more children, but I am just seeking advice on how other mothers did it and how they feel.
Thursday, February 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i know you didn't ask for MY opinion since i am not a mother... but my older sister is prego with her second and she considers the baby so far a "friend" for her little boy stockton. she thinks it's hard to picture loving another baby as much as she loves stockton. but she also thought that about her little min-pin dog too... how could she love a baby more than her dog? hahahaha but seriously.
ReplyDeleteas far as not knowing if you will love another baby as much, you will! it won't be a jetta #2, it will be a completely different person and you will love it in different ways.
and kristi, you won't lose yourself again because you've already learned who you are.
valid concerns, but just go with your gut, if you're not excited about it, then wait until you are. no rush!
Kristi, My own experience and my observations of many moms around me lead me to believe that you will find that each child brings its own wonder, joy, and love, and because each is so different your love for each is different, but not more or less. Having more children increased my love for each one, never diminished it.
ReplyDeleteYou have two great advices above. Love GROWS.
ReplyDeleteNow that you know how babies act... the next one will be somewhat easier.
I love each of my children and stepchildren in different ways. Each has characteristics I love and they are all different. I would miss if I did not have all of my children. You love them all.
FAITH in the Lord Jesus Christ is a part of having children. He helps us all to become what we are supposed to be. I know that our Father in Heaven and his son are sometimes the only ones who understand what we need and what we should do. Pray often and you will know when to have more children.
These are great thoughts and comments. I've started to wonder how i'll feel whenever #2 is ready to come.
ReplyDeleteI worry about this all the time too! I love the special bond I have with my baby girl. But everyone I've talked to says your love just grows to make room for the next child. But will I really be able to handle two?? Also, I love how we wrote about the same topic within a few weeks of each other. AND I love the name Jetta. So cute!
ReplyDeleteFirst off, Joseph won some SERIOUS Dad points for that amazing day he gave you, how fun. Second.. as the Mom of three kids I will tell you that your love multiplies, not divides, the more kids you have. I feel like it's normal to take a couple months to adjust with each child since you're sleep deprived, etc but you'll realize you love different things about each child. Pax is my "difficult child" and gets into trouble, but he's actually SO happy too and is genuine when he gives me compliments. You'll do great.
ReplyDelete