Wednesday, January 22, 2014
JUST DO IT
I am feeling like a new woman! My motto for this year is "Just do it." Just do it!
I am the queen of "I will when _____" (and I fill in the blank with my best excuse). Some of my favorites are: I will when we have a bigger house; when we are finally settled, when I have a friend to come with me, when its warmer, when its colder, when my kids are older, when I become friends with someone who knows how to do this...and the list goes on and on! But no more! This year I am replacing all my excuses with Just Do It!!!
I am not going to wait to live my life anymore. I'm putting my big girl pants on and going to make memories instead of excuses. Some of the things I'm looking forward to doing this year are:
Hiking/walking - I love exploring, I always have. I still have to hold everything inside me back from wondering through peoples houses...I'm just really curious about what is around the corner! So this year I'm going to explore more! Go on those hikes and trails and be OUTSIDE!
Clubs and Classes -I've always wanted to be in a book club. So I'm going to! I've already got the book for this month. And I'm going to join a few more clubs and go to social events and classes. Going to learn a few new skills and make friends on the way. And I'm not going to wait for someone to come with me either!
Projects- Every week I am going to have a project. I already completed 3: organize the play room, make freezer meals, and make an organization binder. Next week is sew something!
Making money- I often think of little ideas to make money but I don't go through with it, but this year Just do it!
Dancing- I LOVE dancing. And the little dance parties with my daughter are not cutting it. I will, even with force, make my husband take me dancing...this one I just won't do alone...not yet.
Start things - I'm finally going to start that volleyball group, or that work out group, or whatever other group I've thought about starting and just didn't.
Museums/historical sites: More museums this year. I love them but no one would know that because I don't go. Not anymore!
And those are just some of them! What a year this will be! And I'm going to blog more...just do it. So you may even get to hear about some of the things I "just did."
**please use the motto "just do it" with caution. Common sense and a moral compass should be used in conjunction**
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't even know you anymore! Who is that little girl? haha. I'm glad to see you're happy and just doing it! lol :) Miss ya fool.
ReplyDelete